Allegheny Airlines Pilot Hat Badge 2nd Issue
Allegheny Airlines began as All American Aviation Company. In 1949, the company was renamed All American Airways when it stared carrying passangers. The company was again renamed to Allegheny Airlines in 1952. Allegheny Airlines became one of the first airlines to create an affiliated branded network of regional airline carriers. This was called the Allegheny Commuter System and was later name changed to USAir Express. Also contributing to Allegheny’s growth were the acquisitions of regional carriers Lake Central Airlines in 1968 and Mohawk Airlines in 1972. As deregulation dawned on the industry, Allegheny changed its name to US Airways on October 28, 1979. America West and US Airways merged on September 27, 2005 and moved their headquarters to Tempe, AZ.