Canadian Colonial Airlines Pilot Wing
The pilot wing has clutch back on the reverse
New York & Montreal,
The airline was founded as Canadian Colonial Airways on 6 March 1928 to operate from New York to Montreal via Albany, NY. Services began to Canada on 1 October 1928. After acquisition by a group of investors, the airline was renamed Colonial Airlines on 1 May 1942. The airline was awarded a route from Washington DC to Montreal and Ottawa on 10 August 1945, followed by routes to Bermuda in May 1946.By 1956, Colonial's executive offices were in New York City and it was flying several routes.The airline operated for a period of five years during which a fierce competition was fought for its control between between Eastern Air Lines and National Airlines. After several reversals of government policy, Eastern Airlines emerged as the acquirer and the operational merger took place on 1 June 1956.