Cities Service Corporation Pilot Wing Type II
Cities Service Company was started by an oilman, Henry Latham Dougherty, in 1910 to supply gas and electricity to small public utilities. The name CITGO was introduced in 1965. In 1982, Cities Service was sold to Occidental Petroleum. In 1983, CITGO was incorporated, and was shortly thereafter sold to Southland’s 7-Eleven. In 1986, Petróleos de Venezuela bought 50% interest in CITGO, and in 1990, Venezuela’s national oil company bought the remaining half, for total ownership of the CITGO name.