Ford Air Transportation Shirt Pilot Wing Cloth
Detroit, MI 1941-2008
Ford Motor Corporation had their own fleet of aircraft that served the needs of this automotive company. The division, Ford Air Transportation (ATO), started in 1941 and at the time of suspending operations, they flew 5 airplanes; two Grumman 5s, two Fokker 70s and one Falcon 2000 and other than ground staff, had 17 pilots and 9 flight attendants. The UK Ford Flight Department had closed it's doors in April 2006. The Operation had downsized and moved to Southend using a leased RJ-100 aircraft from BAe, with Crew provided by Flightline and Maintenance provided by Inflite.