Helena Aero Tech Flight Instructor Pilot Wing
West Helena, AK 1941-1944
This was a WWII US Army Civilian Contract School that operated out of the Thompson-Robbins Field. The school was established on October 14, 1941. The school had over 100 civilian flight instructors. During its operations, 3,985 student pilots graduated from the school at Thompson-Robbins. On August 4, 1944, the Arkansas Gazette announced that training at Helena airfield was completed and that the planes and furniture of the school were to be sold at auction.