Johnson International Airways Pilot Wing
Missoula, Montana 1929-1975
This airline operation was established as a fixed base operator and aircraft service company. Famous for their U.S. Forest Service "smoke jumpers" contract operations which began with Ford Trimotors. They had a wide variety of cargo and passenger contract operations. Johnson was awarded one of the first supplemental certificates in 1957. They were renamed Johnson Air and then Johnson International Airways shortly before being purchased by Evergreen International Airways in 1975 because Johnson's certificate allowed it to operate as an airline.