National Freight Service Pilot Hat Badge
Los Angeles, CA 1945-1949
National Freight Service was founded on 24 June 1945 by R.W. Prescott and other members of the "Flying Tigers" American Volunteer Group, the airline operated known under the name of National Skyway Freight Corporation. The airline started the operations with 14 Budd Conestogas, later being replaced by C-46s and DC-4s. The airline later changed its name to Flying Tigers Airlines and then merged with Federal Express in 1989.
This hat badge is in question because the only other known insignia from National Freight Service is a bullion badge. Either they had two issues or this is some other airine. More information is needed.