Northrup Corporation Captain Wing

North Falls Church, VA 1939-1994

Originally formed in California in 1939 by Jack Northrop, the Northrop Corporation was reincorporated in Delaware in 1985. In 1994, Northrop Aircraft merged with Grumman Aerospaceto create the company Northrop Grumman. Both companies were previously established in the airplane manufacturing industry, and Grumman was famous for building the Apollo Lunar Module. The new company acquired Westinghouse Eletronic Systems in 1996, a major manufacturer of radar systems Logicon, a defense computer contractor, was added in 1997. Previously, Logicon had acquired Geodynamics Corporation in March 1996 and Syscon Corporation in February 1995.

© 2005 Stanley Baumwald @ stanwing.com All Rights Reserved.