Virgin America Airlines Flight Attendant Wing 2nd Issue
San Francisco, CA 2007-2018
Virgin America, Inc. is a United States based airline that began service on August 8, 2007. Virgin America, though the brainchild of British entrepreneur Sir Richard Branson, is a U. S. airline.By law, no more than 25% of a U.S. airline may be owned by foreign interests and must be under the "actual control" of U.S. citizens; Black Canyon Capital LLC owns 75% of the capital stock and is responsible for appointing two-thirds of the voting members of the board of directors. The remaining 25% of the company is owned by Virgin Group which also licenses the Virgin brand to the airline. Virgin America, headquartered in Burlingame, CA is separate from Virgin Atlantic. On December 14, 2016, the Department of Justice approved the merger of Virgin America and Alaska Airlines. The FAA issued a single operating certificate for the airlines on Janruary 11, 2018 and Virgin America flew its final flight on April 24, 2018.